Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Well, as I said, there's loads of things I should have been writing about lately, but I haven't!!! This was first due to going to work...I worked for Public Health and the Hospital in Auckland, did some of the dullest filing jobs imaginable, but made about $900 so it wasn't all bad. Except somebody referred to me as "miss temp" and I literally had to hold my lips together to stop myself being exceptionally rude back. Miss temp indeed. Huh. There was also the panic of getting the car fixed, by Lithuanian mechanic man who didn't know my name, and eventually thought I was 3 different people. Gave up trying to correct him and paid him the $, in exchange for functioning brakes. L hung out and did her own thing which usually sounded a lot more fun that what I was doing, but now I am fully into the going and doing fun stuff thing! Went scootling down the caves in Waitomo, in a car inner tube, cue much mud, crawling through dark skinny holes (I went first!!) getting very cold and getting the occasional whiff of the not very clean person who obviously used my wetsuit before me. Oh, and a cave weta jumped at my head, causing a few obscenities to be directed at the American responsible. Well, it was a large ugly insect!!!! Jumping at my head!!!!That was on Sunday. Monday we had even more fun (ahem) and went to watch a bit of bunny bondage. Yes that's right we saw an angora rabbit get tied up by its arms and legs and then it got sheared by a large lady. Looking petrified, but managing to hold onto its dignity while we all peered at it. Later in the afternoon we were watching another animal get sheared....apparently you can do 4 sheep in the time it takes to do one bunny wabbit. So cute. Wandered off to the natural bridge...Monday was a busy day, and then yesterday we were mainly engaged in a bit of essential car maintenance. As a treat we wandered off to the kiwi house, and watched the most mental animal I've seen in a while being fed. It was a bit more like a dog....wanting to be petted, leaping around desperate for its food, while the other ones were much less amused by being disturbed. Done a little bit more fixing of the car this morning...L is quite handy with a screwdriver, and now we're heading north a little again, to go in the direction of Rotorua eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home