Saturday, May 15, 2004

Met a lady the other day before I left Auckland, who actually used to live on the same road as me in the Isle of Man. Coincidency...and she used to go and watch Steve's dad's bands gigs. Helped out Paul from the hostel sitting in the really dull backpackers car market to sell his van for a morning...really the wrong time of year to sell a campervan. Went for my first ever long drive on Thursday, about 3 1/2 hours from Auckland to Paihia. The need for putting air in my tyre delayed us a bit, but otherwise really easy drive. Got beeped at by large truck right behind me, almost had heart attack, think I was going too slowly for him. Basically, Paihia has knackered me out...I have been chucked in the choppy sea to swim with dolphins, dragged along in a big net and today got on a bus to go to the Northern tip of North Island and flung myself down a mammoth sand dune on a small bodyboard.
The dolphin boat yesterday was a little rough...(one of the girls was v ill) and the 7 of us actually invented a new extreme-ish sport. Boat walking. Pretty difficult to stay upright, so barefoot Mike took to crawling around the floor. And then we met a fairly interesting (please read as "slightly mad") old skipper in the pub in Russell. One of those people who sits down, starts talking and then doesn't stop. Plus he was almost completely unintelligible and said yeah a lot....back to Auckland tomorrow to start work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home