Saturday, May 08, 2004

Dad, don't worry! My car is fine, I know where the oil, the water AND the brake fluid go. One of my leccy windows is a bit dodge though, which makes getting in and out of car parks interesting. I have to wrap myself around the car door to reach the ticket. Started off on Thursday night at a bar made from ice, glasses made of ice, and they give you a bit coat and gloves when you go in. They had some amazing ice sculptures, but you can see through the window into the next door bar which is decorated in red and has an open fire. Obviously that is the first place you want to go after you get out of the igloo! So then checked out the bars on Princes wharf, and ended up back in Globe. Anyone remember how bad I am at the game of pool? Well, I came 2nd in a pool comp later on in the night. Liz chickened out of playing with me, so she persuaded this bloke called Paul to take her place..and he was obviously better than me, cos out of 30 or so teams we managed to come a very close 2nd. And as we had done a bit of a deal with the guys we were playing against, we split the bar tab prize at the end anyway. Had the world's healthiest kebab on the way home too. No grease, nothing. Just nicely cooked chicken, fresh salad, and some may and chilli sauce. Was kind of unnatural actually. Yesterday was the day of the 12 hour hangover, I read, ate and went on a city tour (because it was free) and found out some interesting stuff about Auckland. Got a party to go to tonight, and tomorrow is Sunday Funday again, courtesy of Richard in room 48.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home