Thursday, May 06, 2004

So I purchased a car on Tuesday, it's my very first one. At first I was a little flummoxed as obviously there were no Rover 213s for sale...and then I purchased a black car with zebra print front seats. It's a 1985 Honda Prelude, and yes, I did look at the tyres and all that. It's OK, but I didn't really intend to get an automatic. So last night, I did my first ever bit of motorway driving, and my first driving of an automatic (for longer than 5 minutes anyway). I was petrified all the way, and my back and legs are aching today I was so tensed up. Really though, it was the cd player that swung it. And all this for only NZ$750. Bargain. And then Tuesday night I went out with the girls I bought the car off and they drank hideous amounts of vodka, probably in celebration that they didn't have to spend days at the backpackers car market trying to sell it, as there's a bit of a glut of cars for sale at the moment...start of winter lot of people leaving for warmer climes. Today I have been to look at a lot of art galleries & shops with cool stuff in, and found my Georg Jensen necklace in one of the windows and went in to gaze at it for a bit as I've left it at home. Apparently it has matching earrings......Michelle and her friend Karen were here on Monday night, so we didn't rweally do much, just had a bit of a chat about the mad stuff that went on at camp in Pennsylvania, just little things, stuff I'd forgotten about car accidents, power cuts, bears (burrs) on camp and no-one being able to understand Michelle's accent when she announced it. I think, "eh, what's a burr?" was the reaction most of us gave. And then we scootled off the museum for a bit before they went to pick up their campervan, and looked at the lizards and frogs (and various nasty insects with far-too-big legs) in the alive section of the natural history bit and then had to leg it back to the hostel. Back to the job search...............................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home