Friday, May 21, 2004

My mind is absolutely racing with all the stuff I should have written on here over the last week.....the reason for the absence of posts is the fact that I have been working and we know how that encroaches on the spare time of an individual! Yes, I have been getting up at 7am to go and start work for 8. Had 3 days at Public Health dealing with refugee health issues, and am now at the hospital, older persons mental health section. Seems they can't call it Psychogeriatrics any more. But it is good money which is what I am mainly interested in right now.
The day after I discovered my brakes were less than perfect shall we say, Liz decides to go to Thames with a girl from the hostel, to pick up a couple who were selling their car in Thames, so they didn't have to get the bus back. And Steph's car chuddered to a halt on the motorway, giving them about 1.2 seconds to pull onto the shoulder. Poor Liz and her dodgy car experiences. She doesn't even drive.
SAuckland has a comedy fewstival on, so we figured while we were there, we should try and fit some in. Michael Barrymore has moved over here and was spotted by Steph in the local supermarket buying lots of bottles of coke. But no, he wasn't at the show we went to. In fact there weren't actually many people at the one we went to. The compere said it was like a sleepover at his house. He was called Russell Howerd and he was from Bristol and we found him hilarious. He even gave us credit at the end for laughin so much in an audience of disinteredted Irish girls and a would-be kiwi heckler. 3rd guy on did his entire act in japanese, conducted an interview at the back of the room while another bloke was on stage, ran up and snuggled up to Russell's neck, and there were about 10 TV cameras in the room. Trained on the audience. I have no idea....neither did the compere, except I could be coming soon to a japanese telly as he turned out to be a famous Japanese comedian. So yeah, I have seen Japanese comedy...and basically looked bemused the entire time!! Except when he put his false teeth in. That was funny, and possibly a bit racist. Hmmm. Had to be there I guess. :~} Was a bit offended by the Kiwi comedian who was half British, and was insistent that the British aren't exotic. Well I am. I'm very exotic thank you very much. Hee hee. We were talking to most of the comedians after the show, there weren't that many people there...so we decided to ask them the question that had been puzzling us since the name Phar Lap came up twice in trivial pursuit and once in pictionary the night before. Who was Phar Lap??? And more importantly, who was his young strapper?? They were most unhelpful on what a strapper was, but educated us on Phar Lap's being a horse, a famous horse who won the Melbourne Cup some ridiculously long time ago, like 1930 or something. Now we know...don't think they appreciated the drunk British girl humour too much.
Work gave me blisters, I attempted wearing smart shoes for the first time in ages and I got much blisters. So the next day I wore different shoes and again..gave myself blisters in different places. Am now walking funny so as not to make my feet hurt any more!
Walked up Rangitoto...volcanic island near Auckland. Black lava and stuff around. Was good. (writing motivation has left me....can you tell)
The worst film ever made,a cinematic assault on the senses entitled, House of 100 Corpses. Yes I know, it serves me right for watching such a stupidly titled film. Got bored of fluffy romantic comedies.
Marine Drive walking partner....can't believe you're going to go away again just as I get back!xx

1 Comments:

At 5:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's "House of 1000 Corpses", not house of 100 corpses!u forgot the other 900 corpses! i just don't know how u could forget the title of that wonderful film!!!! i blame u for making me go and sit through all 90mins of it! it was horrendous! thanks katie! xxx
(it's Liz by the way, just couldn't be bothered to sign up and get a password!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home