Monday, November 07, 2005

Scottish mud is shiny

Indeed. It's all over everything I wore, carried or touched yesterday. But it's nice to be a bit sparkly when you are covered in mud and dead tree slime and have gone the wrong way coming down off a mountain and had to fight your way through plantation. Not just me by the way, there were 12 of us (just me and I would have been rooted to the spot as I am kind of scard of dead old treeds) and luckily it was dark so I couldn't see the nastiness I was putting my hands into. Otherwise yesterday was a very good day...I made myself laughing cow sandwiches and a thermos of coffee and carried them up and down a couple of munros, ending in the Blair Witch-esque lost in the woods thing. Today my knees know they haven't walked up enough mountains in recent years. At one point I'm sure I felt bone grinding down at every step I took. Eee.

Going to winter mountain safety talk tonight. Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home