Thursday, October 13, 2005

Nostalgia

I've just been reading Caroline's blog, and remembering how much easier it is to keep a blog when you have something going on in your life! Not that my exciting move to Edinburgh is not 'something', it's just that drunken Scots and pub nights have less exotic appeal than tango and drunken Bolivians. I do miss Bolivia. However, Charlotte and I didn't brave the world's most dangerous road on a mountian bike. Oooh no. We're much tougher. We did it on a bus remember.....I am not too cool to admit that that particular bus ride was the scariest night of my life. Imagine. 2 English speakers, 2 Germans and a busload of Bolivians who probably deal with that sort of thing all the time and think it's no scarier than one of the myriad stray dogs baring its teeth at you. I think that scared me too. Back to the bus and the mud and the near tipping-over experience. And all because we were being cheap and hardcore and thought that the plane was cheating. Also highly expensive at $45. Worth every penny for the way back! Was that really a year and a half ago? Talked to a guy from the climbing club for ages last night. Japan is now a definite for my list! I'm so excited about the potential for going travelling again. Caroline, if you read this, come back soon and get a boring job so I can calm my itchy feet damnit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home