Tuesday, October 18, 2005

new things

I have been learning new words......went to the Stand last night for a £1 comedy night. Yes, this is a bargain, 8 or so new and not so new comics talking filth and making controversial statements such as "Lost is shit" and talking of the joys of sex on ecstasy. Bargain at £1. This is where I learned the term "Nedi". Now, having lived in Scotland for over a month, I know the definition of "ned", I think it is what we in the Isle of Man would call a scally. I think nedi is even better....although I don't think I've ever spoken to any, their comedy potential is unlimited. We laughed a lot, and occasionally made noises of complete disgust. I also managed to work for a few hours today....paid work not the studenty academic kind that I am here for (yes....£ into the account instead of just OUT). And I made Skype work and talked to Tae in Japan, which was cool. Leanne my housemate thought I had flipped....they all know I am a little too obsessed with my computer and she may have thought I was having a conversation with it. If I could.....

My great achievement of the evening though was to get a proper climb done. Pumped up lower arm muscles mean that even though I am thinking creatively and have brilliant stuff to blog about, I just can't. My little arms are too weak to type more than is strictly necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home