Thursday, October 27, 2005

The truth about life as a househusband

Josie was here at the weekend and we saw a homeless man upside down with his head in a bucket and a woman in a cafe who'd forgotten to take the label out of her top. We didn't tell her....we couldn't after we'd sat and giggled for a few minutes. At least her top was a size 8 and cost £18 from Per Una. If I left a label in my clothes it would paint a less flattering picture of my wardrobe. It rained all weekend, and then today we had a 21 degree sunny summers day. I ate my lunch in the Princes St gardens under the castle and enjoyed the fact that I live here.

Chocolate is fast becoming a staple of my diet. This is a new development and one I don't like very much. Before I moved here I could avoid it for weeks and weeks without even thinking of having any. Now it is an almost every day event, mainly because I have no willpower in the face of housemates brownie buying habits.

I just read this, The truth about life as a househusband and thought, wow. I too have to look up my postcode. I keep my life going through an assortment of lists of things to do and reminders on my phone. Sometimes I even remember my phone number.

Found that Alien Rock is 4 minutes away from my house...yes, only 4 minutes. Got chalky and gave myself sore hands bouldering last night which I have never really done. My climbing shoes really hurt too and the boy whose name I have forgotten pointed out that I must not be as hardcore as I used to be. Bear in mind I haven't gone climbing regularly for a few years, my feet aren't used to the tiny shoes and my hand-skin must have softened up. I can in no way be described as hardcore. Yesterday though, I gave part of a group presentation in class and found the union. Must be a student. If I'd had a beer rather than pasta and coke I would have myself convinced of that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home