Sunday, October 31, 2004

So it is Sunday, it's Hallowe'en, I am in New Orleans. The clocks went back last night, so I accidentally got up a little earlier than usual. I'm staying with Rich and Molly (more people I know through living in France, shame not friends with any French people any more though) and yesterday was carrying boxes into their house as they only moved into it yesterday. Making myself useful, considering I have not done anything resembling actual work since the end of September. This morning spent some quality time reading on the sofa with their dog lying on me. Thursday night....went to the House of Blues to see a band, drank some whiskey, hence previous post, which I used to quite like when I was about 15 but obviously overdid it back then as it does not seem to agree with me at all. Was given a cd by the Peruvian taxi driver on the way back to the hostel. He calls his cab firm Nazca Lines Inc, so I tried some very basic Spanish out on him and told him that I had been to Nazca, hoping for a discount. Nope. I got a cd and his phone number instead. Went out for dinner Friday night. Suspect hostel in New Orleans does not change the sheets on its beds. This is worse than the plastic covered mattresses, noisy creaky bunks and being locked out in Savannah hostel. Tomorrow is reserved for seeing alligators in the swamps, and then on Tuesday I shall be spending the whole day, and night, sitting on a train. Hopefully I can make a friend to make the time go quicker (I have read all my books) and also hopefully, they will not give me unwanted reading material that I feel I have to be polite about, like the last person to sit next to me on a train.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home