Thursday, October 21, 2004

So I got on my train last night, 40 minutes later than scheduled which I guess is fair enough, it came a long way to only be half an hour late. Then I got seated next to Crazy Lady, who woke me up at 2.15am to proclaim loudly that the train was barely moving, several times, forcing me to notice that she was crazy and to insert the emergency earplugs. Yes, at one point we were down to about 5mph meaning I got into Charleston at 10.30 rather than the expected time of 7.30am. Fine by me, mornings are better the later they start! There is no way that huffing, puffing and fidgeting make the train go faster. Travelling all on my own again, so I have made a friend, a Japanese girl studying English in Mississippi, and we went for lunch, walks around Charleston, along the waterfront, to the aquarium, and then bought food from the supermarket for dinner. OK, bedtime. And I can't make gmail work. x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home