Thursday, October 21, 2004

OK, still in Charleston, been to Fort Sumter today, Tae, my Japanese friend has been making me laugh with stories of the 'big people' who live in Mississippi and we have drifted all over the city today, through the French Quarter, avoiding the 'fixed income dwellings' as my taxi driver of yesterday instructed me to do. Whilst bemoaning the advent of political correctness....he will always call them the projects. Er, right. Weird guy got kicked out the hostel this morning, mainly for being rude I think, but maybe also for being blatantly foreign but clainming to come from Wisconsin, eating his dinner from the frying pan, asking people to move from their seat because he wants to sit there even though there is planty of other seating! Really. And I am being teased for being too neat.....Dad, I know you think this cannot be true, David I think this is the result of staying at yours for the last week or so. Think I am on the train to Savannah early Saturday morning, but as this will be the same train I came in on, I have come up with the cunning plan of getting out of bed, phoning Amtrak and seeing if the train is on time, although I'm fairly positive it won't be, and then maybe getting back in bed, depending on how late the train is running. That's my plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home