Tuesday, June 15, 2004

So, post-skydiving I couldn't think of anything exciting to do, so I didn't bother. Watched my dvd of it, and went shopping for thermal underwear. Yes, tha's how you celebrate leaping (being thrown from) a plane! Drove down to Turangi on Sunday, round Lake Taupo in beautiful sunshine and then yesterday we were doing the Tongariro Crossing in snow, ice, cloud...wearing about 4 jumpers, crampons, and using a walking pole. The first time I have ever used one I think, and it was very useful. This morning I am feeling the pain of the walking though. It's been a while since I walked 17km in a day I think, (up a mountain!!!) and I think I will be using poles next time and taking a specially employed person to carry me up! Liz and I were very organised and took a thermos flask and had soup behind a rock whilst taking shelter from the wind. Then we got round the coner just after 12noon and it as beautiful sunshine. And there was a cloud that looked like a spaceship. I have pictures of this bit of natural freakery.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 pm, Blogger No one Really said...

I have just come across your Blog by click on people with Interests in Rugby.

One of your current posts mentions the Isle of Man.

So I read from the start, and noticed this bold statement.

I'm just getting used to this blogger thingy....I'm used to the nonsense I think being kept to just me and a select few, er, lucky individuals...it's quite weird thinking that I could just write it all on here and technically anyone could read it. I feel a bit shy actually. Not that anyone will find this unless I tell them where to find it.So other people out there are following your every step (ish).

Enjoy the rest of your travels.

ps. It's lovely Manx weather at the moment. You missed the summer, it was on Wednesady Afternoon.....

 
At 9:12 am, Blogger Katie said...

Damn I missed th summer? Going to go find my own Summer in Fiji soon. Wow, someone that doesn't know me read my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home