Friday, October 08, 2004

Fiji was fantastic, although a little hot for my fragile skin. I have what could be generously described as a tan. Or just lots of freckles if I am having a more cynical day. Landed in Nadi on the Wednesdaynight, spent one night at a very nice hostel there, got munched on by the local mozzie population and then headed out to the islands the next morning. Spent 2 nights in one place, went swimming in a cave (!) tried unsuccessfully to hide from the sun, then moved on for another 2 nights one the next island and one night on my last island. The Awesome adventures thing is funky because you see various combinations of the same people all the way round. Was befriended by the loveliestcouple from Bournemouth and some boys from down South somewhere. Got lots of snorkelling in, burnt the backs of my legs in the process but well worth it, lots of cool fish, but slightly disappointed with the state of the reef. Wish people would look after these things!! Woke up one morning with a giant millipede in my bed. Just spent a day and a half in Los Angeles, in a pretty skanky hostel at Venice Beach. I really haven't seen anything of LA, I walked for about 6 hours along Venice, Santa Monica and then got stuck into a bitof shopping and had a bright orange manicure. New favourite colour! Made some friends on my wanderings, complete random people in the street and on the bus (one of whom was very impressed with the qualityof my rucksack, um, ehh?), educated them on the location of the Isle of Man and generally had a fun day all by myself. I am now in Washington DC, on the wrong side of very little sleep, had three hours stolen from me by the time zone thing and then sat in Charlotte airport for a couple of hours. Taking myself to bed round about now. p.s Girls, I wrote the email first....then couldn't face thinking again, so I have borrowed some of it for the blog. Lazy I know but today I have an excuse. xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home