Thursday, September 09, 2004

There was me, cooking myself and Sally a lovely dinner last night, when I was almost completely put off food forever by one of the worst BO smells I have ever had the misfortune to endure, well at least since the Pickwicks days. There would always be a bit of a jostle behind the counter as a certain lady walked in (probably a few but one stands out in my memory) as everyone tried to get out the back before the smell hit, and the last one standing would have to serve her. I was pretty good at this game I think, although she was a regular customer, so we all suffered pretty often. I'm hoping the offender has left the backpackers by the time I get home.
Jeremy has gone in for a check-up.....the mechanic should be examining him right now......and I have not heard anything, so assume no news is good news, especially in the case of a 19 year old car. Also hoping this is the case with errant little sister.....anyone heard from Liz since she got to Oz? I haven't, so I'm thinking she's having a good time.

4 Comments:

At 11:55 am, Blogger Ady Hall said...

Hey Katie

You've changed some settings or other so your profile doesn't register your location as a clickable 'Isle of Man' link. Almost lost you there, gal!

I'm a manxie and found your site through the profiles . . . sounds like you're having fun.

And I always wondered why the girls darted out the back when I came to pay for my choccy . . .

 
At 12:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!!!! little sis here and yes i'm doing fine! just having fun and forgetting to get intouch with anyone! think dad might have been starting to get worried! in adelaide now, and off to melbourne in a couple of days! smelly backpackers.....yuck!!!!! can't think of anything worse, and yes i can remember the good old pickwicks days and the many smelly people! xxxx

 
At 9:51 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Dodgy old Wellington backpackers for you...they had the offending Stinker carted off in an ambulance on Saturday, not entirely sure the man was sane....his rooms completely out of bounds due to the lingering putridness.

 
At 9:51 pm, Blogger Katie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home