Sunday, August 15, 2004

I'm a parliament geek. I've been to a few now, IOM, Westminster, Scottish Parliament, bit of a wander round the Capitol and the Whitehouse. Now I can add the home of New Zealand's government to the list…I've even seen its earthquake-proof underbelly. Yup, yesterday was a day of free stuff…free things are all I can afford till Thursday, when I get paid for my first full weeks work. Saturday was slightly less free and involved some driving…all the way to Masterton, where Liz and I went to the park, added another swing-bridge to our list, waved at the deer, talked to the parrots, accidentally witnessed some budgie sex and talked to some more parrots. Then slurped a milkshake in the café and went for the largest portion of fish and chips ever to be invented. The parrot conversation wasn't all that scintillating…but they did manage "hello", "scratch" and "bye-bye". "Scratch", don't know what that's about! Saturday night was a definite non-starter after Friday night, so I did nothing! Went to bed about 10 and got up bright and early to go to Parliament. Friday night was good, found some new bars, went out with Irish boys from my hostel, Sal and Liz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home