Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Back to Work

So much news....but I have been the busiest ever so haven't managed to write any of it down! I have a job, started yesterday after a few days of depressing excel and word tests and thinking no-one would ever want to employ me. So I am now in gainful employment at the Road Transport and Logistics training organisation. So I will be in Wellington for about 6 weeks now I think. Moving house today as well....Have never tried to move and start a new job on the same day and I don't recommend it. Had to be at work for 8am as well....and had no sleep cos some inconsiderate person decided to get the washing machine going at 5am...and they seemed to have no clue why I was annoyed! Then I had bad dreams for about half an hour about missing work. It's because I have avoided having to get up early for so long I think...my alarm clock has been taking a break up till now. Wellington's streets completely confuse me...I get lost everywhere I try to go, whether I'm walking or driving. But....the good news is this is how I found my new home, so maybe having a pitiful sense of direction is a good thing.
Spent 2 nights in Picton, watching videos and getting free apple crumble and ice cream in the evenings. Got the ferry over to Wellington on Wednesday, spent 4 days in Upper Hutt with Sally at Barry's, spent these days mostly looking for jobs, places to live and having a few drinks.
Found a yoga class to go to, and am so relieved that I have an income again. The situation was gettting a bit desperate. I might have found myself stealing chips off peoples plates a la Wiltshire in Australia.
Oh, and good news, our thief has been caught and confessed and will be appearing in court v soon. Don't know if there's any chance of getting any belongings back but you never know. And the hostel we were at turned out to have a few decent staff so I take back some of my criticism of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home