Friday, July 02, 2004

Yesterday I tricked my body out of bed by pretending to be an active person...threw my rental snow gear on and got on a bus before 8am to get up the mountain and be taught how to snowboard at the Remarkables. No-one really ever tells you how hard snowboarding is! As my sense of balance went sailing out somewhere over Central Otago, I also lost my inner monologue. Did lots of muttering to my board..keep straight, no not right, not right, stop stop STOP!! There should be some kind of warning that snowboards neither understand nor respond to English. (Maybe if I called it 'bro' and said 'sweeeet' a lot??) I was pretty crap at it and spent much time on my arse...and my battered and bruised little body is feeling the effects today. That said....by the end of the day Liz and I were managing to stand up and direct the thing around, even if I can't go left and Liz can't go right. It's amazing how quick some people picked it up though! Jealous, moi? Maybe a little. Not too much though because I am off to NZ Cadbury world tomorrow. Yes I did spend three years living one train stop away from Bournville and never went to the British Cadbury World. But this is different! They have way more Cadbury brands of things over here. The Mars copy is a beautiful thing and I will be eating lots of them before I leave this country. Read about the Big Brother inmates having a drunken brawl. Isn't it about time hey stopped bothering with Big Brother? And I'm on the lookout for a cheap bookshop so I can get Bill Clinton's autobiography!! beep's gone....gotta goXXX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home