Saturday, March 19, 2005

I have a March resolution to start writing things on here again. I read Caroline's blog about all the exciting stuff she does, surfing, getting trapped in a building near a hostage situation etc., and miss all the exciting things I used to be able to write about. Steve is off to the Taj Mahal tonight at sunset...damnit, if I hadn't spent all my money travelling around last year then I could have done it this year. Why didn't I think of that before?
So this morning, in an attempt to create an international vibe, I have been listening to my very cheap but brand new Spanish linguaphone tape from 1989....it has very 80s introductory music, and I actually know all of it so far. I can certainly order a vino tinto anyway. Have also been wearing my brand new red cowboy boots. Ordered via the internet from an authentic cowboy website......well, I am making this up but you get the picture. They are red and very very funky. I would definitely rescue them if my house was burning down.
The health kick from the new year continues. When Lent came around I had nothing left to give up, yes I am indeed that boring, so I decided to start something instead. However, I dithered for so long on what to start, that I failed to start anything. The resolution to learn to play my guitar has also failed miserably. The trouble is that I want to do everything, and I do not have time for this as going to work gets in the way. I therefore do nothing. Cyprus in 3 weeks, where I intend to go shopping and try a watersport that I have never tried. There are many possibilities then, as I have only tried under the water sports.
I am getting through a lot of books though, I have a list of Britain's favourites, so I've been working through that. It's full of the books that I always intended to read..the Catcher in the Rye, 1984, and I am now onto the Great Gatsby. Tomorrow if it's a nice day, Charlie and I are digging out some rollerblades, heading down to the prom which is nice and flat, and seeing just how much we can embarrass ourselves. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home