Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Chicago

Life began to get very festive whilst I was in Chicago with Juliana. But more on that a little later. I arrived a couple of hours late, due to missing a connection in Cleveland, Ohio. This was partly due to at least 5 people getting on the plane, who actually wanted to go to Newark. Luckily, all but one of them realised their mistake, but we were still pretty late leaving so I missed my connection to Chicago and eventually flew into a different airport. Was picked up from the airport by Juliana and her husband Tim, and was just in time to catch Suzanne before she went home for Thanksgiving so we had a few drinks in an Irish pub. Just like old times I reckon, Irish pubs, random collections of people. Have discovered that people really don't change that much, even in 5 years, and talking to them is just like you didn't just spend over 4 years apart. Spent Tuesday checking out downtown Chicago and then saw the Polar Express and the Imax theatre, the start of feeling Christmassy. And then on Wednesday it snowed! A lot. This started off as heavy rain downtown, where I met Juliana from work, early finish as it was what we would call Thanksgiving Eve. By the time we got back out to hers the world was fully blanketed with snow. Thursday, I had my first ever Thanksgiving, got asked several times by Juliana's small nephew, why I didn't speakl 'English' like everyone else. Flew back to DC on the Friday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home