Monday, March 22, 2004

can't think of a title

Have not even been noticing who's been moving in and out of my room! I come in sometimes just as they're leaving for a bus at 8am. There is a hilarious guy from the Netherlands who woke up this morning and announced straightaway, eyes bulging, that he was still drunk,. Also just met someone who is attempting to get from here to Bolivia and Peru, and back to Buenos Aires for his flight in 3 weeks! I think he is sadly deluded...Bolivian transport is not renowned for its reliability! Finally bought a ticket out...going to Mendoza on Tuesday night on some kind of luxury bus...can't wait! Am joining C there as I am going on a quick trip first. Really looking forward to Iguazu as well, then we can have a bit of a beach holiday in Brazil, party in Buenos Aires then fly over to Santiago to stay with Tavis from our Salt Plains tour. That makes things cheap and he has an extensive music collection. Just realised I haven't written much of late....the last lot of details was re the horseriding and my general body ache afterwards. Have really enjoyed being in Salta...haven't done much in the way of cultural things or sightseeing really...spent quite a lot of time going up the hill on the cable car...there's a whole bunch of manmade waterfalls up there reminiscent of M C Escher. Really beautiful. I have some great pics of the waterfalls with views of the city behind them. Dave left today...having been here just a bit longer than us and doing just as much in the way of culture. Table football and tabletennis rule the day...but Karima has left, taking her uno cards with her which leaves us with one less activity. I have to be up for 7am tomorrow morning....this is dodgy as I have been going to bed later than this most days. Daylight sleep doesn't seem as good for you as night time sleep. Leaned this from some of the Outback nights last Summer, but with my current lack of responsibilities it seems rude not to stay awake till dawn. Last night the Salta men surpassed themselves.....in terms of cheesiness I have not experienced anything like it ever!! And they don't know when to give up! One of their best chat up lines involves the word "mermaid".....is this flattering? Not in my book. Or "Why you alone?" when you're innocently sitting having a drink...my reply "because my husband has gone to the bar". The fact that I may be lying very well about being married doesn't wash. Bring back good old British men who just offer you a drink! It has a much higher success quotient. ;) Oh, and we got kicked out by the police...the entire club, not just me! A great line of them suddenly formed at the back of the club...the music stopped abruptly and that was that. It was only 6am...but apparently if they don't get the police in the hoardes never leave, and the poor barmen must have wanted to go home to bed. Anyways, I am off to the North tomorrow, so be a couple of days before I'm internet contactable again. ciao amigos (see....my Spanish rocks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home