Saturday, March 13, 2004

Lost property

This may come as no surprise, but I have lost some stuff. I have been pretty good up to now and lost some fairly minor things. Usually I astound myself with my capacity to pick things up, put them down and then instantly lose them, and I spend a staggering amount of time looking for lost stuff, when I could be doing something much more productive. However, up till a few days ago I had only lost a sponge, a packet of tissues and a razor. These didn't bother me as I know where I left them. It's when things go inexplicably missing that it drives me mental and I spend unnecessary hours searching for the missing item, be it a hairclip or my passport, everything gets the same amount of attention, as I think it's the not knowing that bothers me. So even with the extra effort to keep an eye on my things, kind of a New Me Resolution, I have lost something important...the keys to the padlock which is currently locking part of my bag closed! One minute they were there......then they completely vanished in the time it took me to put the padlock on. I know their general location....San Pedro!!!! Yes that hellhole. Unfortunately I had 10 minutes to look for them before we had to leave to get the bus and they were nowhere to be found. I am very upset. Dad can you bring a saw with you to Auckland??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home