Monday, April 05, 2004

no more shopping for me....

Finally achieved the purchase of a flight to Buenos Aires. I can now no longer afford my present standard of living! Nearly cried when I handed over my credit card. Saturday night was an experiment in how not to look like a hooker, whilst in a club surrounded by them. We did actually intend to go there, but was not quite prepared for the large numbers of horrendous looking men, girls dressed like, er, tarts funnily enough, having my back `caressed`by a woman and scary suggestive comments in my ear, and nakedness in the toilets. Hmm. Managed to win some Mexican guy´s bet with his friend for him....he was getting all his drinks bought for him next weekend for having found one of the 5 or so ´normal´girls in there! Went to the football yesterday...Vasco, my adopted side, claimed a decisive victory. The fans are also hugely entertaining. Wish I could have understood what they were saying.....was possibly very insulting to Fluminense. Peeled self from bed very early this morning...well 9ish, it is boiling here so get chased out of bed by the heat every day! Got flight ticket, and generally sorted life out at the launderette etc. and then went on a Favela tour. They don´t look quite as temporary as they seemed in Geography lessons about 10 years ago, they´re a maze of concrete and pathways between and down under the houses (and sewers unfortunately). Rocinha, the largest one is about 40 years old and is based around an old Formula 1 racetrack. Bought a (petit)painting and took lots of pics........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home