Tuesday, March 09, 2004

gory details

Think I'm going to have to be selective with the details, otherwise I'll be here forever. Not that it matters too much as I am trapped in Northern Chile, San Pedro de Atacama, until Friday!! Friday! We got here last Saturday, hoping to be out of here on the Sunday bus, it was full so we booked tickets for the Tuesday, then I got poisoned so we changed them to Friday. I feel a whole lot better now, not 100% but not dying either, shouldn't be I am on that much medication, starting with a shot in the arse yesterday morning no less! My belief that shots are always in the arm no matter who tries to scare you by saying that they are in the left cheek is now well and truly shattered! However, again the bus is full, so we have to stay till Friday. I have tried desperately searching the Lonely Planet for things to do around here, but it's not to be. We've done them all already and don't want to venture too far afield in case we miss the Friday bus as well. So I am just hoping San Pedro doesn't poison me again before Friday morning....then we can at last go to Argentina. Onward to a land where I can drink the water and find a room that's less than $11!!! So my entertainment is to be found feeding stray dogs, and waiting for Charlotte to finish the book so I can read it. Oh hurrah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home