Sunday, January 25, 2004

Desert

Well Nazca is in the middle of a desert. The town just seems to appear out of nowhere, and there doesn´t seem to be much to it. I think people come here for the tourist bits and move on. This morning, we´ve been on a flight over the Nazca lines, C & I were on different (very small) planes, both sitting next to the pilot. Did not really feel too well during, as they bank quite steeply to each side so you can look down on the figures (monkey, dog, condor.....& lots more) carved in the rock. Definitely a case of "don´t have breakfast!!". We´re being tourists big time, & went to the cemetery...discovered about 30 years ago, with mummies and skeletons lying on top of the ground. They´ve all been nicely organised now, but you still find yourself walking around bits of skull & bones & pottery bits. And if you think your job is bad...we´ve seen how they extract gold here! A lot of hard work for what looks like a very small return. I´d have to get paid a lot to handle mercury with only a pair of rubber gloves. Staying here tonight as well....my bed is "interesting". I had to remove a small colony of ants before I got in it last night and I suspect that my mattress is nowt but a piece of foam attached to some wood. It´s cheap though so I´m kind of OK with it. The pool more than makes up for it & very nice terrace 7 patio bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home