Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Peru



So I am in Peru!!

Takes a long time to get here by the way, and how dull are planes? Iberia is not to be recommended for its food, I thought it had given me dodgy travllers tummy before I'd even got here. Our taxi to Heathrow at 5am, was kind of eventful, with the pikey taxi driver constantly scratching his head, running red lights and trying to stay awake!! The highlight of that trip was narrowly avoiding an 'already happened' car crash. Cue sudden braking.

At Lima, the world's nicest taxi man Ricardo met us with a big sign with my name on (yippee, i always wanted one of those at an airport), and then proceeded to take us on an impromptu tour of Lima, when all I really wanted to do was sleep. Sunday night was basically sleep night, but come 6.30am, yes I was awake again. Woke up to dog barking. Went into Lima yesterday with some girls from the hostel, weird to be stared at so much, and that was just the skulls in the catacombs. Will be learning some Spanish fairly rapido I think, as I don't like to be asking people if they speak English all the time. Went to a club in Barranco last night for a funky jazz jam session...very cool and lots of people there.

Am currently planning to go down the coast south of Lima to Paracas and Pisco for some wildlife seeing, and then to Cuzco for some Spanish lessons and the whole Machu Picchu thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home