Thursday, February 05, 2004

So much for feeling healthy.....

Have just recovered from 2 day blip, and am now back to full health, so thought I´d go and drink some vodka and stuff tonight. The main culprit was the bus I think, "Reyna". I was fine when I got on it at 7pm, and when I peeled myself from my seat at 5.30am I no longer felt 100%. There´s this awful thing that happens when (as a foreigner) you get off a bus in a new place. A million (maybe less) people crowd around you....have I said this before? That´s how completely disorientating it is! Then they claim to know where they´re going when you get in their taxi...and guess what, they really don´t. And they overcharge you for the privilege. At 5.30 am I have no patience with this, and it´s a damn good job your average taxi driver does not understand too much English. For pictures of bits of Peru...see http://www.peru.org.pe/. Not got my pictures in a viewable state yet, waiting till I´ve filled a few more cards, then taking them to be put on a disk. Also should wait till I have learned enough Spanish to explain what I want. Otherwise I might end up with a llama, a postcard or a waterproof poncho. It´s absolutely bloody amazing, the minute it starts to rain, someone appears at your side to sell you a waterproof poncho. Very handy and should happen more often in the Isle of Man. Or at all even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home